Why is Bled one of the greenest destinations?
Upon visiting one of the greenest destinations on the planet we must bear responsibility.
Bled is a destination with a sustainable development vision
For several years now, Bled has been advocating green tourism and is the proud recipient of the gold label of the Green Scheme of Slovenian Tourism. As part of the 2019 Green Destinations international non-governmental project, Bled was selected as the second best place in sustainable development in Europe, and since 2008 it is member of the Alpine Pearls group, the objective of which is to promote sustainable mobility.
Residents of Bled are sustainability-oriented and are committed to environmentally-friendly conduct, for this reason visitors are also expected to place the least possible burden on nature, the cultural heritage and locals, who will be grateful for their effort, with their conduct.
In order to reduce the environmental impact to a minimum, we introduced sustainable transportation in and around Bled. You may park in one of the marked parking areas and then use sustainable transportation services. For further information about sustainable mobility and schedule of vehicles with a lower carbon footprint visit map.e-bled.si.
In order to preserve a genuine, green environment we all have to contribute with our best efforts. As visitors of Bled you may contribute with your conduct by walking only on designated paths, thus not leaving traces that damage the soil.
© Maja Pančur
By reducing waste we can significantly contribute to preserving the intact nature, while disposing of inevitable waste in designated bins according to waste separation guidelines.
By bathing in the lake we can destroy its flora, which has an important role in the broader lake ecosystem. For this reason it is important that you only bathe in public baths and not along the entire coast of the lake.
© Jošt Gantar
Locals love their area and know it best, that’s why they can tell you a lot of interesting facts about it. What they expect from you is to respect them and their private property and to not cause disturbances.
Tourism Bled and the Bled Tourist Association jointly organised the Ask me I’m local project. Locals turn into guides for eight hours a day, offering basic information to guests and visitors about a destination in the summer season in the area of the Lakeside promenade. You may ask them about Bled sights and attractions, good restaurants and inns and transport connections. They can also inform you about proper conduct and behaviour while visiting green Bled.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle. Travel responsibly and make as little waste as possible.
- Bled has drinking water everywhere.
- Walk, bike, ride. All the main sights in Bled are within walking distance.
- Swim only where allowed. Public bathing areas: Grajsko kopališče Bled, Velika Zaka, Mala Zaka.
- Respect private property.
© Jošt Gantar
Choose green hospitality providers
Enjoy our green baths
Support local economy with socially responsible shopping
- Gozd Bled - Agricultural and Forestry Cooperative Store
- Bled Local selection - carefully selected products with a local twist
- Bled Market
- Škart - second hand shop
© Tomo Jeseničnik
- Public Lido Grajsko kopališče Bled has developed organic vegan sun cream in 2019, available free of charge for the lido users. This is one of the steps they are making to reduce the human impact, bathers are making to the lake water. Sun cream with factor 25 does not contain artificial oils and nanoparticles.
- Vrtnarija Restaurant in Garden Village Bled Resort uses fresh vegetables and fruit from their own garden. They serve local and seasonal food with the rest of ingredients coming from local farms or produced organically with no food additives or flavour enhancers used. They offer drinks of Slovenian origin.
- Bled Sustainability Report 2017-2020