Frequently Asked Questions

If you wish to visit the main attractions (the Bled Castle, the Bled Island, the Vintgar Gorge), you will need one day. If you wish to see more, however, we recommend that you take a couple of days. There are numerous interesting things to see in Bled and several possible activities to explore. You will also be captivated by our cuisine; furthermore, you could even take some time to calmly enjoy Bled. We recommend that you take one week if you wish to explore Bled and its surroundings and enjoy the various views this place has to offer. In addition, Bled is also an excellent starting point for exploring the Julian Alps and other Slovenian regions; to do so, you will need at least one additional week.

You can visit Bled in all seasons. It all depends on what you expect from your visit. In the summer, you can enjoy the largest number of activities; in the autumn, Bled will fascinate you with the wonderful colours of its trees; in the winter, Bled might be covered with a blanket of snow and you’ll be able to enjoy winter activities; and in the spring, you are in for an exceptional treat since you can watch nature bloom as days go by. To find out more about Bled during different seasons, click here.

Usually, air temperatures in the summer rise over 25°C, while winter temperatures usually reach around 0°C or less. As Lake Bled is located next to the mountains, summer storms can occur. In the winter, the lake is sometimes covered in fog and you can also probably expect some snow. The exact weather is really hard to predict since it can be quite capricious. To see what the weather is currently like, click here or see our online cameras.

Of course! There is a 6km walking route which will take you all around the lake. Usually, the walk will take around one hour and a half but can also take longer if you take your time to admire the beautiful views offering to you all along the way. The path partially follows an asphalt terrain and partially takes place on sandy soil. For more information, click on the link.

In Lake Bled, you can swim on various bathing sites which can be found on the map. Due to its favourable temperatures (from 20 to 24°C), the water in the lake is especially perfect for bathing during the summer.

Of course. You can do so free of charge but you must take account of the navigation regime, as well as of the points of entry and of exit. You can find out more by clicking on the link.

If you wish to sleep in Bled in your RV, you can do so in Camp Bled or in the RV parking lot located at Kajuhova street. During the day, you can park your RV in the RV parking lot at Kajuhova street and in the parking lot of the Bled Jezero railway station.

During their opening hours, you can store your luggage in the following facilities:

Even though it’s not obligatory to tip in Bled, everybody will naturally be grateful to receive a tip.

In Bled, there are several locations where a defibrillator can be found. You can see them on the map below.




Triglav National Park has no special points of entry, which means that you can enter the park anywhere. To find out more about the Triglav National Park, go to this website.

No, you do not have to pay an entrance fee to enter the Triglav National Park. You must, however, pay an entrance fee for individual attractions located in the park.

If you wish to take photos and videos for non-commercial purposes, you do not need a special permission. If you are taking photos and videos for commercial purposes, you must obtain a permission in the following manner:

  • in public areas, you need the permission from the Municipality of Bled: ,
  • in the area of the Bled Castle, you need the permission from the Bled Cultural Institute (Zavod za kulturo Bled): ,
  • in the area of the Bled Island, you need the permission from the Bled Parish (Župnija Bled): ,
  • in the Vintgar Gorge and elsewhere in the Triglav National Park, you need the permission from the Public Institution of the Triglav National Park (Javni zavod Triglavski narodni park):  (for videos only; you will only need permission for photographs taken with a drone),
  • in other municipalities, you will need the permission granted by relevant municipalities.

On 31 December 2020, the Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/947 of 24 May 2019 on the rules and procedures for the operation of unmanned aircraft entered into force, systemically regulating the legislation in the field of pilotless aircraft.

According to this new legislation, users of pilotless aircraft (and not the pilotless aircraft itself) must be registered as operators; furthermore, they must also complete a training session and pass an exam for the open category, subcategories A1/A3, if the weight of the pilotless aircraft exceeds 250g or if it weighs less than 250g and the pilotless aircraft in question includes a sensor for capturing personal data (such as a camera) - for the latter, completing the training session and passing an exam is not required but recommended. The only operators who do not need to register as such are those using toys. The classification of a toy is set out in the instruction manual or on the packaging; usually, toys are intended for the age group of < 14 years.

The expertise of a remote pilot can be extended from subcategories A1/A3 to the subcategory A2 of the open category if an exam is passed and the training session is completed; in this case, an additional statement must also be attached (you can find the application here). The exam for the A2 subcategories must be taken at the premises of the agency. 

By using modern technology, the Public Agency for Civil Aviation of the Republic of Slovenia enables users to register, complete the training session and pass the exam here, through a web portal; this option is available to natural persons and organisations 24/7, throughout the year. In order to satisfy all the criteria required by the general administrative procedure, the verification requires an authorised digital certificate which confirms the identity of the person entering into the application in the digital world.

Here you can read more about where and how you can acquire an authorised digital certificate.

By using the authorised digital certificate, you will be able to enter the online application and register as an operator. The process costs EUR 40. You can pay by using NLB Klik, Mbills, Moneta or Visa, Mastercard, Eurocard and Maestro credit cards.

Once you complete your operator registration, you will acquire a unique operator code which must be affixed to all of your pilotless aircraft.
You can complete the training session for subcategories A1/A3 within the application where all the materials and training quizzes, as well as the exam itself, will be made available to you. You need a score of 75% correct answers in order to pass your exam.

The difference between the registration number of the operator and the registration number of the remote pilot is that the latter has two additional letters: “RP”.

If the registration number of the operator is: SVNAbcdefgh12345 (you must affix your registration number to the pilotless aircraft),
the number of the remote pilote is: SVN-RP-Abcdefgh12345

What is the prescribed visual aspect of the registration sticker of the operator?

While the dimensions of the sticker are not prescribed, the sticker must be visible with the naked eye, without having to use any accessories (such as a magnifying glass). The universal registration number of the operator is composed of alphanumerical characters and must also be affixed on the sticker a such; it can either be written by hand or printed. The registration number must be affixed/written on the spot that you must show to the inspector at the time of inspection. We recommend that the number be placed on a spot which is not too exposed (in order to reduce the possibility of abuse or misuse).

Geographical zones:

The geographical zones where the operations of pilotless aircraft are prohibited in order to guarantee aviation security are:

  • in the open category, the areas where facilities intended to be used as residential buildings, business buildings or recreation buildings are located (i.e. apartment buildings, houses, schools, offices, sports facilities, parks) or where engineering structures used by people (such as highways) are located, with the exception of pilotless aircraft systems weighing up to 500g less than 50m above the ground (AGL), exclusively during the day and following the consent of the owner of the plot of land above which the flight of the pilotless aircraft system is being executed. The operator of the pilotless aircraft system must inform the agency of such a flight of the pilotless aircraft system;
  • in the area of narrow urban zones (such as city centres, agglomerations, towns), taking into consideration the conditions set out in the previous indent and other potential conditions set out by the autonomous local authority, in the scope defined by the latter. These prohibitions and limitations do not apply for a special category if the pilotless aircraft system operator complies with the conditions set out in Article 5 of Regulation 2019/947/EU, as well as with other potential conditions set out by the autonomous local authority.

For more information on geographical zones go to


Useful shortcuts:

In the context of compliance with the new common EU organisation, you can find more information here.

For FAQs related to the new regulation, go to here.

For FAQs related to technical questions regarding the online application, go to here.

To find out more about drones, you can contact the Public Agency for Civil Aviation of the Republic of Slovenia.

It is prohibited to use drones in the Triglav National Park. You can only use them under exceptional circumstances, with the consent of the operator. To find out more about the question “IS THE USE OF UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES OR DRONES ALLOWED IN TRIGLAV NATIONAL PARK?”, see this website.

If you would like to know more about the use of drones in Slovenia, follow the instructions provided in the answer to the question no. 15.

Different operators of different locations are responsible for organising events on said locations. If you wish to use:

  • the public spaces of the Municipality of Bled, contact the municipality. You must fill out the form “Vloga za rabo javnih površin za oglaševanje, prirejanje razstav in prireditev ter drugo posebno rabo (Application for use of public areas for advertising, organising exhibitions and other special use)” which can be found at:
  • the Bled Castle or the Bled Festival Hall, contact the Bled Cultural Institute (Zavod za kulturo Bled): ,
  • the Bled Sports Hall, contact the Bled Infrastructure (Infrastruktura Bled): ,
  • the Bled Rowing Centre, contact the Slovenian Rowing Federation: ,
  • the premises of hotels located in Bled, contact the hotels,
  • the Infocenter Triglavska roža Bled, contact the Public Institution of the Triglav National Park (Javni zavod Triglavski narodni park): .