Church of Holy Trinity
While exploring Zasip visit the old church and see the historic bell.
The village Church of the Holy Trinity is located in Sebenje in Zasip. The church was built in 1606 and its construction was financed by the Countess Ana Marija Thurn – Lenkovič from Radovljica.
The late Gothic building with baroque furnishings initially comprised a chapel without a bell, subsequently a balcony was built in at the entrance. The church is famous for its small bell that is the oldest small bell in Gorenjska, because it originates from the 15th or even 14th century and was brought from Tyrol. During the First World Wall the state confiscated bells because there was a need for colour metals, and the bell at the Church of the Holy Trinity was saved by its age, because it was considered as a historic artefact.