Where can I buy a ticket?
Due to a limited number of tickets, it is possible to enter the gorge only by purchasing online tickets.
Instructions for online ticket purchase >
Where is the entrance to the Vintgar Gorge?
The walk through the gorge is only possible one-way. The entrance is in Podhom.
How to reach the Vingar Gorge?
Due to the unforeseen extension of works on the state road through Spodnje Gorje, access to the Vintgar gorge is difficult.
- From the direction of Bled, access is possible on foot. See more information about the hike >
- From Bled you can also take a bike or e-bike to the entrance to the gorge. From Bled via Podhom to Klinarjev klanec to the gorge (30 min), where you park your bike. Walk across the gorge (45 min) and along the red path over Blejska Dobrava (45 min) or along the green path past St. Catherine (55 min) back to the entrance of the gorge, where you parked your bike. Bike and e-bike rental >
- You can get close to the gorge by train. From Bled Jezero train station you can reach Podhom train station in just 3 minutes and then walk to the entrance of the gorge (15 minutes). Followed by a walk through the gorge (45 minutes) and along the green path over St. Catherine back to the train station (50 min). Alternatively, at the end of the gorge, decide to walk to the train station on Blejska Dobrava (25 minutes) and from there take the train back to Bled Jezero station. Train timetable >
- You can get close to the gorge by a bus from the Bled bus station to the Podhom bus station or the Spodnje Gorje bus station. Then go on foot to the entrance of the gorge (25 min). Back to the station you can return along the red path over Blejska Dobrava (45 min + 25 min) or along the green path past St. Catherine (55 min + 25 min). Bus timetable >
- You can also take one of the taxis to the entrance to the gorge. Contacts >
Where to park near Vintgar Gorge?
- If you are by car, you can reach the car park in front of the entrance to the gorge (P1 and P2) by driving from Bled to Zgornje Gorije and then under Višelnica to Podhom.
- Access from Blejska Dobrava is also possible. You park in the cemetery on Blejska Dobrava (P4) and then walk along the purple/red path across Blejska Dobrava to the entrance to the gorge (45 min). Walk through the gorge (45 min) and back to P4 on the red/purple path or on the green path (25 min). The only parking for campers is at Bled Dobrava.