Church of John the Baptist
The Baroque decorated church exhibits Renaissance works to commemorate the former patron of the church.
The parish Church of John the Baptist is located in Zasip, an elongated village in the Bled area. It was first mentioned in the 13th century, but it is more likely that the church is even older. In 1778, the church was restored in Baroque style and has been well preserved, including all artwork. The paintings in the grand altar and side altars were painted by Slovenian painter Leopold Layer.
The church was built as proprietorial church and its ownership was assumed by the Brixen bishops at the end of the 11th century. The latter gave the church in the 14th century to Counts Lamberg from Kamen Castle near Begunje, who were considered as patrons of the parish. A Renaissance gravestone of Counts Lamberg from the 16th century was built in the church to honour the patrons.