The launch of Wish You Were Here: The Stories Behind Fifty of the World's Great Destinations
18.09.2020 | News
11:00am (UK time; 12:00 CET) Thursday 24 September 2020
Free Ticketed Event
Join Terry Stevens and an international selection of guest speakers for the launch of Wish You Were Here: The Stories Behind Fifty of the World's Great Destinations, published by Graffeg. Discover what makes them great places to visit, who the people behind these successful operations are and what makes them leaders in world tourism destination management. Hosted on Zoom by Graffeg, this event will include:
- An introduction to Wish You Were Here and the process of selecting the destinations by Terry Stevens.
- Gain a fascinating snapshot of a selection of the destinations and the people behind their stories with six speakers presenting in five-minute slots:
- Willie Cameron, Highland Ambassador and hotelier, Loch Ness
- Karmen Novarlič, Slovenian Tourist Board
- Georg Steiner, CEO, Linz Tourism, Austria
- Gerry Lennon, CEO, Visit Belfast
- Tim O’Donoghue, The Riverwind Foundation, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Aicard Guinovant, Director, Catalan Tourist Board
- Inspired by Wish You Were Here, four international tourism experts choose a destination in the book that they have never been to and discuss how Wish You Were Here fired their imagination and desire to visit:
- Misa Novak, The Founder of ALOHAS tourism organisation, Slovenia
- Alastair Dobson, CEO, Taste of Arran, Scotland
- India Thomason, Tourism Marketeer and Blogger
- Lars Olsen, Project Manager, New Destination for the South West of Jutland, Denmark
- Join our launch to receive an exclusive offer of a signed copy of Wish You Were Here for £20, including postage and packing.
To book your place, visit: bit.ly/WYWH-launch
This book will give tourists and travelers a description of each of the 50 destinations with a personal explanation giving an insight as to why, and how, these destinations consistently deliver high quality visitor experiences. It aims to show the visitor how good management and an understanding of the importance of hospitality underpins the success of each destination. Tourists are now very interested in knowing more about how the places they visit are organized and how they get things right.
About the Author
Professor Terry Stevens is an international tourism consultant who has now worked in 55 different countries around the world on all aspects of tourism development. A love of travel and an interest in landscape were inspired by a teacher of geography at Yeovil Grammar School and fuelled by fellow East Coker ‘villagers’ William Dampier (1651-1715), explorer, hydrographer and buccaneer, and the great twentieth-century poet T. S. Eliot. After graduating from Swansea and Reading universities, Terry held senior posts in tourism organisations in Wales. His company, Stevens & Associates, has worked for major international development agencies, national and regional tourist boards and numerous private businesses. In 2019 he was awarded the LUXLife Global Tourism Development Expert of the year. He is the author of one previous title with Graffeg, Landscape Wales, a pictorial celebration of the country's glorious natural treasures and landscapes.