IEDC - Bled School of Management
IEDC-Bled School of Management is a center of excellence in management development and a business meeting point, where leaders and potential leaders come to learn and to reflect. It is a unique place where lectures and discussions present the larger context of responsible management and where art provides a stimulating environment for creative leadership.
Our business school offers a unique environment for developing leadership and management potential of international business executives at every stage of their careers. We are the choice of participants from over 90 countries, who are attracted by our world-class professors, excellent facilities, and beautiful location.
Vocational college for catering and tourism Bled
- a two-year tertiary short cycle education
- educating students to acquire higher professional education in catering and tourism
The school is a non-university institution for higher professional education. It was established by the Ministry of Education and Sport within the Phare Vocational Education and Training Reform Programme in Slovenia. This type of educational and training programme integrates practice with theory and is based on a partnership with enterprises.
The aim of both educational programmes (catering and tourism) is to educate students for catering and/or tourist MANAGERS with good professional and theoretical knowledge, as well as knowledge practically applicable to catering and tourism. The implementation of practical training in relevant companies includes winter, summer, seaside and spa tourism, as well as other tourist activities.
The first students registered in 1996. Total number of students surpasses 2.000, including regular students and adults. So far 460 students have graduated from both courses.
The students are trained to:
- acquire proficiency in foreign languages, economics, management, law, information technology, ethnology, ecology, geography, supplementary tourist activities,
- get basic knowledge and skills in cookery and service,
- be qualified for management, planning, organising and supervising working procedures,
- extend their knowledge of marketing, business operations, legally adopted regulations in catering and tourism,
- be aware of the importance of natural and cultural milieu, location and quality of tourist areas.