1. SUBJECT OF THE AUTOMATED BIKE RENTAL SYSTEM SERVICE
The automated bike rental system in the Municipality of Bled is called ˝BLED Green Ways˝, and it is a service offered by the Bled Tourist Board and the Municipality of Bled. This service allows public access to self-service bicycles.
The ˝BLED Green Ways˝ system includes:
- 8 ordinary city bikes
- 8 trekking bikes
- 8 electric bikes (4 electric trekking and 4 electric city bikes).
Bike stations of the ˝BLED Green Ways˝ cycling system are located at:
- Infocenter Triglavska roža Bled, Ljubljanska cesta 27, 4260 Bled,
- Camping Bled, Kidričeva cesta 10b, 4260 Bled,
- Dom krajanov Zasip, Sebenje 6, 4260 Bled and
- Zadružni dom Ribno, Izletniška ulica 11, 4260 Bled.
At each bike station, there are 10 bike stands.
2. PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS
In the General terms and conditions, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- “BLED Green Ways system” is the automated bike rental system in the Municipality of Bled;
- “General terms and conditions” are the general terms and conditions of access to and use of the “BLED Green Ways” system;
- “Owner” of the automated bike rental stations in front of Infocenter TRB, Camping Bled and Zasip is Turizem Bled, whereas the owner of the station in Ribno is the Municipality of Bled.
- “Administrator” of the ˝BLED Green Ways˝ system is Turizem Bled, Ljubljanska cesta 27, 4260 Bled.
- “Registration form with a statement” is the registration to access BLED Green Ways system services that is agreed on and concluded in writing by the administrator and the user for the registration;
- “Instructions” are the instructions on the use of system services;
- “Maintainer” of the system is a person who technically maintains bikes and bike stations Damjan Bertoncelj s. p., Kidričeva cesta 6, 4000 Kranj;
- “Period of use” of the system service is the period of access to the system service and shall be valid from January 1 to December 31 of the current year.
- “Registration” is the first login to the system carried out at designated locations.
- “Login” is the user login at the station where the user rents the bike.
The General terms and conditions define the conditions of subscription and use of bicycles and include questions, user support and obligations of the carrier and user. The General terms and conditions apply and are binding on all users of the BLED Green Ways system services.
The general terms and conditions bind the contracting parties as contractual provisions, in accordance with Article 120 of the Code of Obligations (Uradni list RS, No. 97/07 and 64/16). The General terms and conditions are published on the website.
The carrier reserves the right to change or supplement the general terms and conditions. Unless otherwise specified, the amended General terms and conditions shall enter into force on the day of the publication on the websites of the carrier.
3. CONTACT DETAILS
Contact details of the BLED Green Ways system administrator:
Bled Tourist Board
Ljubljanska cesta 27
Phone: +386 (0)4 578 05 00
Phone TRB: +386 (0)4 578 02 05
4. DEFINITIONS OF TERMS OF THE SYSTEM'S STRUCTURE
The service consists of a network of bike stations, parts of which are the self-service terminal, urban furniture, docking points with locks, bikes and information boards. The BLED Green Ways system enables public self-service access to the bikes, so that system users can rent bikes at the bike station for use in accordance with the General terms and conditions.
The bike station includes:
- Self-service terminal with LCD touch screen, where users apply, rent bikes and have access to their user profile and system map with availability of the bikes;
- Next to the LCD screen there is a card reader,
- It connects to and communicates with the server, thus forming the bike system with other bike stations.
- Urban furniture includes stands and bike station parts that form the framework with locks and boards.
- Docking points (10 for each bike station) have a box-like shape. They are intended to secure the locking of bikes and are distributed evenly over the long pipe/girder, which is a part of the urban furniture. At each lock, there is a silver button that you press before taking the bike from the docking point. At each docking point, there is space for one bike.
Stands and bikes are numbered. The symbol on the locks also indicates the locations intended for charging the electric bikes.
The colours on the buttons on the locks have the following meaning:
- flashing green – the bike is ready to be removed from the station;
- green – the lock is empty;
- red – the bike is not properly locked;
- blue – the bike is properly locked.
5. REGISTRATION FOR THE BLED Green Ways SYSTEM
Registration shall be done in person:
- at the Infocenter Triglavska roža Bled (Ljubljanska cesta 27, 4260 Bled).
The clerk at the administrator's head office enters information on the potential user, who has to identify himself/herself with a valid ID, into the on-line “Registration form”. Upon registration, the potential user signs the document agreeing with:
- the “General conditions for access to and use of the BLED Green Ways automated bike rental system in the Municipality of Bled” and
- the “Instructions for use”.
After completing the registration the user shall receive:
- A PIN code for accessing the system using the existing Bled card and/or
- user name and password for accessing the BLED Green Ways services.
The registration is free of charge for holders of the Bled card and residents of Bled (package: Resident of Bled or Bled card holder). These users may use the system up to 24 hours per week (1,440 minutes per week).
Registration or use of the services for other users amounts to EUR 24 (package: Package 24). These users may use the system up to 24 hours (or 1,440 minutes) in the period of one week from their registration to the system.
Registration or use of the services for tourist accommodation providers amounts to EUR 50 (package: Landlord). A card in physical form also needs to be obtained (EUR 10). These users may use the system up to 4 hours (or 240 minutes) per day.
The user undertakes to inform the administrator in time, within 8 days, about any eventual change to their information. This may be done at the administrator’s head office or the notification may be sent to the administrator's address or via e-mail.
The BLED Green Ways system service users may be all natural persons over 14 years old. Persons who are not yet of legal age must have their parents or legal representatives obtain a user name and password at the administrator’s head office.
By approving the registration, the user shall receive at the administrator's head office a user name and password or/and PIN code for accessing the BLED Green Ways system services using the Bled card, which enables users to rent bikes in accordance with the General terms and conditions and to return the bikes at one of the stations.
6. SERVICE AVAILABILITY
must first register at the administrator’s head office in order to access the
BLED Green Ways system services. A clerk will help them:
- fill in the “Registration form”;
- sign the Statement on accepting the
“General conditions for the access and use of the BLED Green Ways automated
bike rental system in the Municipality of Bled”;
- sign the Statement on accepting the
“Instructions for use”;
- identify themselves with an ID.
administrator shall be responsible to maintain the BLED Green Ways system so
that it is accessible 24 hours a day in the period of use of the system
services. Force Majeure is the exception.
administrator shall not be responsible for any eventual unavailability of the
bikes at individual BLED Green Ways points.
completing the registration at the administrator's head office, the package
user Resident of Bled or Bled card
holder may use the BLED Green Ways system all the days in the week by
taking into account the time limits of 1,440 minutes or 24 hours (henceforth:
temporal availability) in the period of seven days. The Package 24 package user may use the system for one week from the registration to the system for a total of 24 hour or 1,440 minutes. The Landlord package user may use the
system up to 4 hours (240 minutes) a day, every day.
may benefit from the temporal availability for the weekly use of the system
continuously or may distribute it. If users use up the entire available time in
the current week, they shall not be eligible to use the service until the
following calendar week when the Bled card or user name re-activates. This
shall not apply to persons who act in contrast with the General terms and
of the system shall be liable to return the bike by 21:00. In case users return
the bike after 22:00 and there are no free locks in the bike station, users
shall have to safely store the bike overnight and return it to the system the
following day after 7:00 or take the bike to a bike station with a free lock.
case the same user infringes the General terms and conditions multiple times,
the administrator shall have the right to prevent such user from accessing the
BLED Green Ways system for a certain period of time.
7. PRICES AND PAYMENT METHODS
of the ˝Bled Green Ways˝ system services is:
- free of charge for the residents of Bled
or holders of the Bled card (Resident of
Bled or Bled card holder package).
- EUR 24 for visitors of Bled (Package 24). Future users pay for the
service upon registering at the designated locations (see section REGISTRATION
TO THE SYSTEM).
- EUR 50 + EUR 10 (card) for tourist
accommodation providers (Landlord package). Future users pay for the service upon registering at the Infocenter
Triglavska roža Bled.
In case users wish to use a Bled card, which they do not yet have, they
may obtain it only under the condition that they have also paid for the annual
parking charge in Bled at the head office of the company Infrastruktura Bled
(Rečiška cesta 2, 4260 Bled). Users also have to pay a deposit in the amount of
EUR 10. An additional EUR 10 shall be charged for re-issuing a lost Bled card.
Any misuse of the card is sanctioned by
deprivation and blockage of the card and a ban on reregistration in the current
In case of major damage to the bike, due to
which further use is not possible or which cause disposal of the bike, the user
is charged the value of the bike, namely an ordinary bike in the amount of 650
(six hundred and fifty) euros or electric bike in the amount of 2,250 (two
thousand two hundred and fifty) euros.
the same user repeats minor damages to a bike in a short period of time, the
user will be given a reminder. If after the reminder damage continues, the user
will be charged for each case of damage at the current rates of the authorised
carrier will take appropriate action in the case of severe and intentional
damage of the system and accidental damage that threatens the safety of the
users. The user will be required to reimburse the cost of reparation at current
rates of the authorised service.
prices include VAT.
8. USER'S OBLIGATIONS
user is obliged to use BLED Green Ways system services with due care, diligence
and prudence and in accordance with the general terms and conditions.
user controls the bike that he/she has borrowed. The user is obliged to handle
the bike so that the possibility of damage, destruction or disappearance is
user is obliged to return the bike within the temporal availability for the
user is obliged to immediately notify the administrator about the loss or theft
of the card.
signing the Registration with a statement, the user accepts the general terms
and conditions and agrees that in the event of breach of the General terms and
conditions the carrier has the right to charge costs in accordance with Chapter
7 of the General terms and conditions.
using the bike, users must check if the bike is technically flawless or in any
way damaged. Users shall notify the maintenance service on the telephone no.
+386 (0)70 469 149 about eventual defects.
it is found that the use of the bike is contrary to the General terms and
conditions, the user is obliged to return the bike immediately after the
9. RESTRICTIONS ON THE USE OF SERVICES
user may not loan, rent, assign or use his/her user card and/or PIN code in any
other way that is not specified in these General terms and conditions. Any such
action shall be considered as a serious violation of the General terms and
conditions. If at any given time damage occurs, it corresponds to the user or
the owner of the user card with which the bike was rented.
registered user is responsible for the user card and thus assumes the
responsibility to act in accordance with the General terms and conditions.
user has the right to properly use the bike in accordance with the General
terms and conditions. Proper use shall exclude in particular the following:
- use in violation of the applicable law
in the field of road safety;
- bike use in conditions that may lead to
- any transport of a third party in any
- use of the bike in a way that puts at
risk the user or a third party;
- any dismantling or attempt to dismantle
the stand, the whole bike or its individual parts and appliances and any
improper use of the bike.
to services is prohibited for all minors under the age of 14 years,
irrespective of whether they are accompanied or not.
bike is designed for a load up to 150 kg.
carrier reserves the right to shut down the system for a limited time in case
of major and extensive damage to the bike system or its components or in the
event of major technical errors.
10. THE CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY AND STATEMENTS
user is responsible for any damage that occurs during the use of bikes.
legal representatives of a minor user shall be liable for any damage that
results directly or indirectly from the use of the service by a minor.
rental that is longer than 24 hours (the time limit begins at the moment of the
bike's rental) shall be treated as a disappearance of the bike for as long as
the bike does not reappear.
the case of the disappearance of a bike for which the user is responsible, the
user must report immediately or no later than 14 hours after the original
rental regarding the disappearance of the bike to the number of system
administrator and report the theft to the police on the phone number 113. The
user remains fully and solely responsible for the bike until the administrator
receives a copy of the reported theft to the police.
the event of an accident and/or incident that involves the bike, the user is
obliged to communicate this to the number that is listed in the previous
paragraph. The user is responsible for the bike until it is locked back at the
docking point or until the bike is returned to the administrator or the
maintainer of the system by the user.
the user is responsible for the bike from the moment of taking it until it is
returned, we recommend that he/she reviews the most important parts of the
borrowed bike before using it, especially:
attachment of the seat, pedals and baskets;
functioning of the bell, brakes, front and rear lights, reflectors;
overall condition of the frame, tyres and hand
a user finds that the bike is not technically perfect, he/she shall immediately
notify the system administrator on the number +386 (0)70 469 149.
any damage caused by use of the bike, the carrier shall not be responsible.
a successful bike rental, the user is responsible for all acts committed with a
bike of BLED Green Ways system and for all material and non-material damage
caused to third parties while using the bike.
administrator shall not be liable for damage occurring during use of the bike.
system is used at your own risk.
case of minor damage to the bike and bike parts that may arise as a result of
regular use, the carrier does not require any compensation from users after
their use in which damage has been established.
in a short period of time there are repeated minor cases of damage caused by
the same user when using the bike, the user will be given a reminder. If after
the reminder the damage continues, the carrier will take an appropriate action,
as stated in the fifth paragraph of Chapter 7 of the General terms and
conditions. In case of severe and intentional damage to the system, the carrier
will take an appropriate action, as stated in the sixth paragraph of Chapter 7
of the General terms and conditions.
- exceeding the available weekly time of
use (24 hours) for holders of the Resident
of Bled and Bled card holder package or
- exceeding 24 hours in the period of one
week from the first registration to the system for holders of the Package 24 or
- exceeding 4 hours in the period of one day for holders of the Landlord package,
the administrator shall reserve the right to:
- request that the user after the expiry
of the available time immediately return the bike back to the system;
- deny and block access to the BLED Green
Ways system to the user by the administrator after a total of 3 hours have
elapsed from a successfully or unsuccessfully performed request by telephone to
return the bike;
- after the expiry of 24 hours from access
being blocked the bike is regarded as misappropriated, the theft is reported to
the police and is treated in accordance with the applicable legislation of the
Republic of Slovenia;
- these cases shall be regarded as severe
infringement of the General conditions and further access to the BLED Green
Ways system shall be prevented to the user.
rules under Section 11 and the prescribed sanctions are intended for ensuring a
smooth operation of the system and the accessibility for other users.
12. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), all users are
informed that for the purpose of operation of the BLED Green Ways system the
administrator collects, stores and processes personal data provided by users upon their registration
and which are necessary for the operation and use of the system. The information
is as follows: first and last name, ID information, year of birth,
permanent/temporary address, e-mail address, telephone number, information on
individual rental (which bike at which station and at what time). The specified
personal information shall be kept another 3 months after the expiry of your
membership period of validity for the BLED Green Ways system. In order to use
the contact e-mail for sending information and promotion related to the BLED
Green Ways public bike rental system, users must give a special consent on the
13. SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES
These General terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Slovenia. The carrier and the user will try to resolve by mutual agreement any disputes regarding the conduct and consequences of the General terms and conditions. If the dispute cannot be resolved in this way, the carrier and the user will endeavour to resolve any dispute through mediation and other alternative means of resolving a potential conflict. If this is not possible, the District Court in Radovljica has the material and territorial jurisdiction to resolve disputes. In the event of a legal dispute, the user and the carrier are committed to agree with the submission of the dispute to mediation.
14. MODIFICATION OF GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ACCESS AND USE
Users will be automatically notified of any changes to these General terms and conditions. Changes will be displayed on the website: www.bled.si
Any consequence of failure to comply with these General terms and conditions are borne by the user.
Date: 10. 4. 2019 Tomaž Rogelj, Bled Tourist Board director